Author Topic: Not Stock, not good ?  (Read 4622 times)

savagefp10

Not Stock, not good ?
« on: January 09, 2015, 11:22:15 AM »
What the difference between a "just" shooting with a modified handgun compared to a stock handgun? Do i need to leave my "good" pistols at home and just carry one of the few that have no modifications at all ?  :?:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

Jep

Re: Not Stock, not good ?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:36:07 AM »
A rule I've always went by is, carry a very reliable sidearm,but make sure it is one you are comfortable surrendering to the police should you use it. It WILL be taken, if only in the short term, for the duration of the investigation if it is used. What I have found that works for me is, leave the modifying to your collection, not your EDC. you don't want to end up in court defending yourself in the use of a modified gun and its safety.

MIO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
Modifications such as altering safeties, removing the trigger guard etc would cause issues in an accidental shooting. Full auto illegal conversions will of course be frowned upon. But very few things can be done to cause issues in a "just" shooting.
I used to hear the gun commando lawyers say silly things like an action job will get you in hot water. That's bunk.
You put other than factory tires on to better the ride on your car and no one brings it up when you have an accident. You IMPROVED the function of the firearm so it's not an issue.

Gleedaniel13

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 11:47:18 PM »
You can really  conclude that you are a good shooter if you can shoot with accuracy without modifying your guns, unless necessary. ;)