Author Topic: Modifying your carry weapon  (Read 3347 times)

dthompson

Modifying your carry weapon
« on: March 25, 2014, 04:02:47 PM »
I see a lot of videos on YouTube about modifying your carry weapon.  My question is does a modification such as putting in a different trigger than the one from the factory put a CHL holder in a bad light should they have to use their weapon for self defense?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Modifying your carry weapon
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »
dthompson, we actually wrote an article about this that is viewable in the member's section of the website.  

If the district attorney's office has decided to prosecute a CHL holder, they will attempt to use anything they can to cast this person in a bad light. However, we do not believe this evidence is relevant, and it is up to the judge to keep it out, which he should. Whatever modifications somebody had do not have anything to do with the circumstances that existed when they chose to use their weapon in defense of themselves, their property or others.

Thanks for the question. Hope that helps.

HSLee

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:20:09 PM »
Where is the article on firearm modifications?   I cannot find it in the Member's section/portal.

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 10:08:34 AM »
HSLee,

Here is a direct link to the article for your convenience: https://www.uslawshield.com/legal-risks ... gger-pull/