Author Topic: Revolver Question  (Read 4209 times)

Revolver Question
« on: February 24, 2015, 02:01:15 AM »
Hello everyone. I am new to guns and CHLs.  I took the CHL class last Sat and it really opened my eyes on all the responsibility that we all have.  Anyway - I bought a S&W 38 'Airweight'. After comparing my revolver to others, I realized that some revolvers have a red color as part of the gun sight. Is that something I can have added to my gun? Any help in aimng with that short barrel would help.

Thanks!
John Fee
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

CongoHarry

• View Profile
Re: Revolver Question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 08:13:04 AM »
"What color do you want to be today?" Fingernail polish topped with a clear coat of polyurethane lasts about forever.  Clean the front sight area with a little rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip.  Apply your most eye-catching color for a fabulous look! Or...you can spend a little more for "Sight Paint." Available online at Midway USA.  Some advertise "glow in the dark" but I haven't found a single one that lived up to expectations.  Given my advanced years, I've got a couple of snubbies in the armory that have been through a number of sight paint products because I can no longer quickly acquire that front sight as I once did in my younger days.  Fingernail polish worked best for me.

EdO

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »
Quote from: "730824"
Hello everyone. I am new to guns and CHLs.  I took the CHL class last Sat and it really opened my eyes on all the responsibility that we all have.  Anyway - I bought a S&W 38 'Airweight'. After comparing my revolver to others, I realized that some revolvers have a red color as part of the gun sight. Is that something I can have added to my gun? Any help in aimng with that short barrel would help.

Thanks!
John Fee

On a concealed carry weapon, I wouldn't worry about it.  Something to hightlight the sights while target shooting or hunting  can be helpful, but CCL/self defiense, not so much.  In a self defense situation I doubt if you would ever have the opportunity to really AIM your weapon.  We're talking a matter of a few feet and fewer seconds.   Been shooting handguns for a lot of years ... since the 1950's .... and have never seen the need.  I took the trouble of highlighting the sights on my .380 Auto.  Didn't do a thing.  Spend your money on practice.  It'll do you a lot more good.

bernardwinston

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 03:28:06 PM »
All I could suggest is just keep on practicing until such time that what you wanted to aim shall be achieve at the end.  It has been said practice makes perfect. So why not practice.

bilgerat57

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »
Personally, I have become a devoted fan of the Crimson Trace laser sights. The activation button is in a location which allows for an almost instinctive use. I don't advocate the use of laser sights alone. Train with your regular sights as if they are all you have, but that red dot helps to shave time in getting on target when half-seconds count. I put a set on my wifes Taurus .38 revolver and I have them on my Glock 23 in .40 S&W. The quality of the device and the outstanding customer service has impressed me very highly. Some people don't like lasers though for various reasons. So, like most things about personal firearms it's up to you to try things out and find what works best for you. Good Luck!