Author Topic: Wildlife / Coyotes in Florida  (Read 1657 times)

shorthairptr

• View Profile
Wildlife / Coyotes in Florida
« on: January 17, 2019, 02:58:24 PM »
Here in Florida there has been a increase in coyotes running around in the neighborhoods.  Last night (1/16/19) a lady around the block from where I live let her dog out in the evening to go to the bathroom (which shes done hundreds of times before) and in a blink of an eye a coyote was lurking in the bushes and killed her dog.  It only took a few seconds and she never saw the coyote.  Neighbor contacted Florida Wildlife about capturing the coyote and they said they can't do anything unless it is captured.

I have asked before while walking my dog what to do when approached by another dog.  Your answer was carry pepper spray (which I now do all the time) or a large stick.

What are my legal options when it comes to wildlife like a coyote?   

thanks

egris52788

• View Profile
Re: Wildlife / Coyotes in Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 07:56:53 PM »
We had an elderly woman and her small dog torn to shreds and killed in an upscale neighborhood in broad daylight by two loose pitbulls last year.  The owner of those dogs is going to prison.  Police had to shoot the dogs to get them off of the woman.  I will shoot any large dog that charges me and doesn't obey my commands to stand down, period.  We have a huge coyote problem in Oklahoma as well.  Same goes for them.