Author Topic: Red Flag Laws  (Read 635 times)

JNicks

• View Profile
Red Flag Laws
« on: September 09, 2019, 05:45:12 AM »
Been watching the 'knee-jerk' response of those in government over shootings around the country.
I guess the one that bothers me the most is the very ambiguous "Red Flag Law". To my mind the law is nothing but a 'get even' tool.

Get in an argument with my neighbor, get in an argument at the store. Whats to stop them from claiming I'm a threat?
What safe guards are to put be in place so that there are no false accusations? How is law enforcement to know if they are lying or not?
Are all of the protections afforded by our Constitution going to be ignored? I am at a loss to understand how this 'law' can even be considered.

"Innocent until proven guilty"

Isn't that one of our most basic protections? The "Red Flag Law" provides the exact opposite?

I guess my question is how is this even possible? We are actually entertaining a law that strips every protection from false accusations away from citizens?
Wonder if we'll get to vote on this or will it be crammed down our throat like 'healthcare'?

How do I protect myself if it happens to me? What steps can I take before hand? What should I do during? After? I assume Law Shield will help with the legal aspect but what about the 'in between'? The arrest, the confiscation? Is there anything I can do or should I just bend over and take it and then after the fact try and repair my life? This law really bothers me.

Mr. Jody Nicks
Carrollton, Texas

Katfish

• View Profile
Re: Red Flag Laws
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 06:49:24 AM »

IMHO - likely better to ask this in the 'ask the lawyers' section.............

JNicks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 05:09:24 AM »
My thinking is the "ask the lawers" section is for legal questions. Hoping mine sparks conversation so that I better understand the 'law'.
Not really looking for legal advise. Being that the law is in the news often I figured a "What do you do/think" thread would be informative. Might even get them to make a new video about it.

If a moderator feels this needs to be moved to 'legal' department then I'm all for it.

Jody

JNicks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 05:56:40 AM »
The red flag law is just a big stepping stone to disarmament of the citizens. Since the laws protect the individual now they need new laws to reverse that.

I read about people being questioned because someone called with a concern. Authorities go out and question the person but there is nothing they can do at the time. They leave and the person goes on to commit a horrible crime. Since the authorities have no proof they are a threat there is nothing they can do. BUT with the red flag law all of that is reversed.
You now have to prove your innocence while all of your belongings are searched and confiscated.
They do not have to prove you're guilty, they just need a phone call.

Does this not infuriate you? Does this not scare the cr** out of you?

Neighbor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 08:47:33 PM »
Definitely very concerning. Authorities would have to investigate every report even it they thought it was bogus because it they didn't and something bad happened, the media and lawyers would be all over them. Definitely a reason not to open carry in my opinion.