Author Topic: Taking a road trip, can I carry?  (Read 2804 times)

eagles405

Taking a road trip, can I carry?
« on: April 22, 2014, 12:32:24 PM »
I am going on a road trip through Oklahoma, Kansas, New mexico, Colorado, Wyoming and Montana in May.  I have my Texas CHL. Am I legal to have a handgun in the vehicle throughout these states?  in which states can I carry it on my person?  Also, going to be camping in some state and national parks (Yellowstone/ Grand Tetons and maybe some others in Colorado)  can I have a handgun in my vehicle or on my person in these parks? I know Col. has made alot of changes to their gun laws recently. Thanks for the information and have a great day.

Eagles 405
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Taking a road trip, can I carry?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 04:10:25 PM »
Dear Eagles405,

Your Texas CHL is recognized in all of these states, so you will be able to carry on your person just as you can here in Texas. When it comes to carrying in national parks, there is a statute that states that national parks follow the rules of the state in which they are located and are treated the same as state parks. The only exception are facilities on the national park such as ranger stations, museums, gift shops, etc. You must stay out of these with your firearm. They should have signs posted.

With regard to carrying in the parks, in Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado, a CHL holder can carry a concealed handgun therein. To avoid possible hassle, do not take a magazine that has a capacity of greater than 15 rounds into Colorado.

Thanks for the question. Hope that helps.

eagles405

Re: Taking a road trip, can I carry?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 02:29:08 PM »
Thanks for the information.

eagles 405