Author Topic: Travel to Hawaii  (Read 2365 times)

kingmendicant

Travel to Hawaii
« on: April 26, 2014, 07:09:40 PM »
I am traveling by plane from Austin to Oahu and Maui Hawaii for my marriage and honeymoon. I am not sure whether or not I plan to travel with my pistol for the protection of myself and my family, but I thought I would ask if this is:
A) Even possible or recommended.
B) What rules would I need to be specifically aware of in Hawaii regarding my license to conceal carry.
C) What rules I would need to comply with regarding keeping the weapon in my hotel.
D) What rules I would need to comply with while flying... specifically anything related to Hawaii. We may be landing in Arizona or California and changing planes, but we do not plan to stay there for any length of time.
E) Any other tidbits you think would be useful to be aware of specific to Hawaii.

If the hoops I must jump through are too extensive, I may keep my firearm at home, but I always feel safer with it on my person... especially when I am in strange places.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

TexasLawShield

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Travel to Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 03:49:04 PM »
Good question kingmendicant,

Unfortunately, it is illegal for you to carry a handgun in Hawaii, as you are not a resident. Hawaii does not recognize Texas CHLs. You will be in violation of Hawaii law if you take your handgun to Hawaii.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »