Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Gun Talk / Re: Conceal Carry with Basketball Shorts
« Last post by Hueyville on December 10, 2017, 07:19:51 AM »
Only thing I can think of are the grips with clip built in. I can't imagine trying to carry a gun using shorts or sweats with nothing but elastic band for support of weapon. Remember guns sometimes discharge when dropped. SIG is going through a big issue with some handguns discharging if dropped. Quite a few older model guns and even new designs have flaws that allow discharge upon dropping. Might have to make a different clothing choice.

I sometime pocket carry if need to be super low profile but 99% of time if outside of house wearing a belt so firearm has proper support. Also have to consider how difficult to draw weapon may be without a stable platform. Maybe a shoulder holster with light jacket or just a loose baggy shirt. Georgia allows open carry and when working outside on hot day I usually carry open. Keep a baggy short sleeve shirt in truck and long sleeve in winter to pull on without buttoning if need to cover gun. It would work fine with a shoulder rig.
Gun Talk / Re: Conceal Carry with Basketball Shorts
« Last post by johnbleh on December 07, 2017, 07:40:53 PM »
thanks for the advice, ill look into it but would like something that would be comfortable sitting as well. Saw some holsters that have a "sticky" pad? Does anyone have any experience with these?
Gun Talk / Re: Conceal Carry with Basketball Shorts
« Last post by Neighbor on December 07, 2017, 06:12:26 PM »
I sometimes carry my shield in a Smart Carry pouch. Somewhat like a belly band but carries weapon low in front at or just below belt line. Conceals very well, very comfortable standing or walking but not quite as comfortable when setting.
Ask the Lawyers / Re: Tasers and Stun Guns in NJ
« Last post by TexasLawShield on December 07, 2017, 10:58:47 AM »
Possess - Yes.
Carry - No

Under NJ law, weapons are frequently governed by multiple statutes at the same time. So for example, there are per se prohibitions under 2C:39-3 for weapons such as switchblade knives, dirks, daggers, and stilettos.

Then there is also the general prohibition in 2C:39-5(d) on possession of weapons under circumstances not manifestly appropriate for such lawful uses as it may have.

For example, even though a dagger is subject to the per se prohibition of 2C:39-3, it is almost certainly also subject to the more general prohibition of 2C:39-5(d). So if, tomorrow, the legislature repealed the per se prohibition of daggers from 2C:39-3, a dagger would still be a weapon and therefore subject to the more general prohibition found in 2C:39-5(d).

So now applying that to stun guns. Stun guns were previously per se illegal under 2C:39-3(h). The result of the lawsuit is that 2C:39-3(h) was stricken as unconstitutional. So it is no longer per se illegal.

But a stun gun is still a weapon under 2C:39-1(r), and so it is almost certainly subject to the more general prohibition of 2C:39-5(d), that is, under circumstances not manifestly appropriate for such lawful uses as it may have. (Possession in one's home is exempted under 2C:39-6e.) The lawsuit did nothing to change this, nor do the new proposed regulations.
Under the New Jersey case of State v. Kelly, self defense does not count as a "lawful use" under 2C:39-5(d). The term "weapon" is very broadly defined under NJ Law. Thus, many items that fit the definition of "weapon" also have non-weapon uses, such as a baseball bat. So the idea is that the closer you are to possessing a weapon for its non-weapon purpose (like possession of a baseball bat at a baseball game), the better off you are under 2C:39-5(d).

So now applying this to stun guns, its hard to imagine carrying a stun gun in public for a non-weapon purpose.  What are you doing with it? Herding cattle in Newark? Without such a non-weapon purpose, carrying around a stun gun poses a very substantial risk one could be charged with violating 2C:39-5(d).

Do not carry a stun gun or taser in New Jersey.
Ask the Lawyers / Re: Church Security Website Help, Please!!!
« Last post by TexasLawShield on December 07, 2017, 10:57:45 AM »

Thank you for reaching out to U.S. LawShield regarding your questions and concerns. Due to the broad nature of your inquiry, our independent program attorneys would be best able to assist you through our member business line at 877-448-6839.
Gun Talk / Conceal Carry with Basketball Shorts
« Last post by johnbleh on December 06, 2017, 09:10:21 PM »
 New to the conceal carry culture and was wonder if anyone had any suggestions on a holster that would hold well in some basketball shorts. I usually wear basketball shorts when I'm out doing some basic errands or just walking my dog and would obviously like to carry my weapon as well. I've done some looking into it and saw that a belly band was an options but I'm not too fond of a belly band and would prefer a holster instead. I'm currently carrying a S&W M&P Shield in a Blackhawk ARC holster when I have pants with a belt loop in them but would like a second holster for my basketball shorts or sweat pants. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
General Firearms Law Discussion / Re: Colorado Employment Parking Lot -- Fired??
« Last post by Hueyville on December 06, 2017, 12:56:09 PM »
I have been self employed most of my life but for five years was a subcontractor for company that had a no firearms policy on company property or in company vehicles off property. As contractor the company vehicle policy was no issue but when at warehouse picking up product or on clients jobsite posted as "weapons free" tried to be discreet,  kept guns in vehicle gunsafe and mustered on. Has your company ever searched employee vehicles? Only heard of that on secure facilities that do dot gov work or nuclear power planfs, etc. If they do not have history or policy of searching my advice would be mount gunsafe in vehicle so if have break in less likely to have to add a missing firearm to police report telling on yourself. All of my vehicles have a police style lock for long gun and small lock box for handguns use when park in area will be out of site of truck for long period of time. Oddly only times have ever had items stolen was tools out of back of truck at church.
Ask the Lawyers / HB435 Volunteer Emergency Services
« Last post by ng101 on December 06, 2017, 02:22:30 AM »
Would being in a "Volunteer Organization Active in Disasters" for example Texas Search And Rescue- TEXSAR, qualify me as a Volunteer Emergency Services personnel. Also if so, do they have the right to deny me from carrying when deployed on calls with them during disasters?
General Firearms Law Discussion / Re: Colorado Employment Parking Lot -- Fired??
« Last post by Neighbor on December 05, 2017, 04:29:34 PM »
If you're asking for a lawyer's opinion, might put this question in the "Ask the Lawyer" section. Other than that, I would agree with Sammyboy - don't let folks know about the firearm. That means not talking about it with work folks. Another thought is the possibility of parking in another spot outside the employee lot but I don't know it that is feasible.
Obviously I would keep the vehicle locked and suggest having the weapon in a small gunsafe under a seat or possibly in a console - that way you can argue that it was unavailable to the average person.
Not sure what kind of company you work for, but I'm guessing the chances of them searching all vehicles in the parking area is slim. Other than keeping a low profile and not causing reason for a search, I'm guessing you just take your chances unless Colorado has some sort of parking lot bill like Texas.
General Firearms Law Discussion / Re: Colorado Employment Parking Lot -- Fired??
« Last post by sammyboy on December 04, 2017, 12:31:36 AM »
I can't answer your specific question but my feeling is don't let them find out you have a weapon in your car. If something happens that you need the weapon, better to have it and give yourself a fighting chance than to die.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10