Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ask the Lawyers / Carry in church
« Last post by Raven3 on February 18, 2018, 11:34:43 AM »
Does the latest change to the law now allow unlicensed persons to carry in church?  A presenter at a security conference I attended made this allegation based on the private ownership of church property and the wording of the change to church security teams.
In The News / Re: Unruly man with guns arrested at Houston hotel
« Last post by Neighbor on February 16, 2018, 10:04:44 PM »
hmm, any sympathy I might have felt went away when I see his charges include assulting a peace office.
« Last post by wacojohn on February 15, 2018, 10:45:35 PM »
IF Hyatt legally posts NO FIREARMS ... then he became a criminal trespasser when he brought the weapons inside the building.  That alone is a criminal case.  Whatever happened in the bar would be something quite separate.

I don't know how this ended up ... we  will probably never know.

I did just find this:

Hyatt suspect interview concluded. Placed firearms in hotel room for safekeeping while. Based on limited amount of ammunition, interview & other investigative findings no unlawful intent found. Suspect has been booked & charged with assaulting Peace Officer & trespassing.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/2017/12/31/259332/unruly-man-with-guns-arrested-at-houston-hotel/
« Last post by Neighbor on February 15, 2018, 08:20:27 PM »
In reading a bit more about this, there are some questions in my mind. Found no mention that the man was actually carrying while drinking in the bar. Supposedly got obnoxious enough he was told to "Get Out". Now the problem - he's drunk, has firearms in his room that need to go out with the rest of his stuff - what do you do? Hotel staff goes to "help" him get his stuff and leave and things go south from there.

I haven't seen anything lately, but I'm guessing this won't develop into much although it may cost him a bundle for a good lawyer.
General Firearms Law Discussion / Re: Stun Guns
« Last post by Neighbor on February 15, 2018, 08:09:25 PM »
Following is what the lawyers said in the ASK THE LAWYER SECTION:

The Texas Penal Code does not specifically address TASERs. For that reason, it is legal for you to carry a TASER openly or concealed. TPC 30.06 and 30.07 signs specifically prohibit carrying a handgun, and they do not prevent you from carrying a TASER.

If you are referring to the little church near San Antonio where the gunman shot through the walls before entering and slaughtering most inside, I'm not sure how Tasers come to mind!  Don't get me wrong, I'm totally in favor of concealed firearms in churches but even the most well armed person would have been at a BIG disadvantage in that situation against an AR style weapon.
General Firearms Law Discussion / Re: Stun Guns
« Last post by mrjlw on February 15, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »
If I may extend this question to Tasers as well, that would be great.

We are looking at using tasers along with concealed firearms at our church in light of the recent attacks near San Antonio. I am a Detention Officer and we have to be certified to carry tasers at work. Does having taser certification apply to citizens as well?
In The News / Re: Zona Caliente Sports Bar shooting in Arlington, May 4th 2017
« Last post by thats just me on February 11, 2018, 04:12:16 PM »
“Chapter 83 of the same code states that a person who used force or deadly force against an individual that is justified under TPC Chapter 9 is immune from liability”
This does not mean you can’t be sued.  Just means you may not have to pay if you lose.

As for red or blue sign  TACB has an app for that.
TABC:Mobile
You can even file a complaint from it
Ask the Lawyers / Re: Stun Guns
« Last post by Neighbor on February 11, 2018, 02:24:20 PM »
Read the thread titled TASER carry. The lawyers address this issue
Ask the Lawyers / Stun Guns
« Last post by siggaltx on February 10, 2018, 07:44:48 PM »
Is it legal to carry a stung gun, openly or concealed, without a license in Texas? Are they subject to the same restrictions as hand guns? Thanks!
General Firearms Law Discussion / Stun Guns
« Last post by siggaltx on February 10, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »
Is it legal to carry a stun gun, openly or concealed, without a LTC in Texas? Are they subject to the same restrictions as handguns? Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10