Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Firearms Law Discussion / Squatters in Colorado
« Last post by JacobSmith54 on September 16, 2017, 03:46:42 PM »
Good Afternoon,

I recently read a story about a couple homeless people who broke into a house while the owner was on vacation.  They then proceeded to change the locks, and black out all the windows.  The law says the owner of the house has to evict them.  Would this be a scenario where the owner could break into their own home, let the squatters know they are unwelcome and that he is armed and can defend himself against them?  I would love to hear your thoughts on this issue as it sparked my interest and questioned what would I do if this situation happened to me.
          Hello...... I will introduce and educate them about the gun I write this from my own experience and understanding. The aim is not to flaunt their business, or in any way. I hope that people who come to read to gain more knowledge and understanding of firearms and use them more accurate and secure it. Because the gun is seen as a creation to destruction. But if we are to understand and use, and how it benefits them as well. This explains, ammunition, explosives, firearms, fireworks and artificial ordinary person can possess and use only. https://th.wikisource.org/wiki/ Act _ firearms, ammunition, explosives _ _ _ and artificial fireworks, firearms _2490 _ BC.
General Firearms Law Discussion / Re: Membership package
« Last post by TexasLawShield on September 15, 2017, 05:18:50 PM »
Recon Marine,

We apologize if you have not received a reply via email. Our member services department has been notified and someone will be contacting you today. Also, for questions that require a more immediate answer, please call our office at (877) 448-6839. Our member services team will be more than happy to go over your account and answer any questions you may have.   
General Firearms Law Discussion / Membership package
« Last post by Recon Marine on September 14, 2017, 06:35:52 PM »
I just joined Texas Lawshield, and I emailed asking for a timeline to when to expect my member number and any other material in the mail. It seems no one monitors the email. Maybe someone here can tell  me?
Al,

With a New Jersey Firearms Purchasers ID Card, transport of longarms is lawful as long as the gun is unloaded. It techically does not even have to be cased.

Handguns are more strict and one must always be within an excemption under NJS 2C:39-6, unless the person has a Carry Permit. Federal law for going through NJ in interstate transportation is USC 18:962A and might apply if one is only passing through NJ.

One can not just drive around in NJ with a handgun, even a cased, locked and unloaded one. One always has to be under an exemption, be under Federal law, or have a NJ Carry Permit.
Ask the Lawyers / Re: Carrying a firearm to an argument
« Last post by switch on September 13, 2017, 08:48:30 PM »
OK, found it.  Section 9.31 (b) (5)
thanks
Ask the Lawyers / Carrying a firearm to an argument
« Last post by switch on September 12, 2017, 03:50:51 PM »
I understand that if you carry a firearm when you plan to have a confrontation, you are presumed guilty, at least it's harder to defend.

Where is this found in the TX code?  Is that 'old law', does it predate the LTC law?  Is it still valid?

After all, if I always carry, then get in an argument, I carried a gun 'to' an argument.  Or, worse, I go somewhere to confront a neighbor about a dog, loud party, trespass, etc.  Do I need to disarm before I go, even though I have an LTC?
In The News / Re: Defending Confederate Statues
« Last post by Al on September 11, 2017, 07:27:15 AM »
Why do folks continue to believe that what they read on Facebook is factual? ::)
General Firearms Law Discussion / Protecting Property
« Last post by Dclar18 on September 10, 2017, 06:50:11 PM »
My question arises because of Hurricane Irma. I live in Florida and I have a portable generator that I will use if I loose power. It is located on the back side of the house on a cement pad  under a roof but not enclosed ( in other words it is in the open just a roof over it). It is cabled and locked to a support pole that helps hold up the roof. It sits beside my A/C condenser.
So ( in the unfortunate event)  if a person tries to steal my generator as stated above am I legal in using deadly force to stop the theft of the generator as my family may be out of electricity if stolen.
Thanks, Dclar18
Ask the Lawyers / Re: Stolen Firearms
« Last post by siggaltx on September 09, 2017, 03:29:58 PM »
I found the answer to my first question - no, I can't be held criminally liable for a crime committed with my stolen/lost firearm.

Is there a legal obligation to report a gun lost or stolen to the police? I know there wasn't 2 years ago but so many laws have changed. I like to stay up to date. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10