Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Based on my experience...

In addition to legal repercussions you should be prepared to face public harassment.  I know of a case where a man had to kill a dog and many dog lovers protested and harassed him because of it, while no one showed any concern for the victim of a sexual assault case happening in the next courtroom.   

There is so much involved in any shooting these days that it is almost impossible to plan for every contingency.

Ask the Lawyers / non-resident permits reciprocity
« Last post by ng101 on Today at 02:00:10 AM »
For Texas residents getting non-resident permits, are Texas residents still treated as "license holders" under Subchapter H as far as the Texas Penal code, restrictions, and protections ( castle doctrine) go? What obligations do Texans still have to follow beside the usual things like 30.06, 30.07, campus carry restrictions, 51% etc. Do L.E. have to consider the non resident permits as "valid" according to the reciprocity agreements? " (2) "License holder" means a person licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code." Also if I were to violate a Texas law what would happen to my non resident permit? 
Ask the Lawyers / Re: Texas state aquarium
« Last post by paul on August 16, 2017, 04:18:46 PM »
contacted TABC thy said a vender rents the aquarium at night and list the whole place as there business so the state aquarium is 51% even though no one sells alcohol when there open to the public.
Ask the Lawyers / Re: Texas state aquarium
« Last post by paul on August 16, 2017, 03:46:35 PM »
thank you I will call them
Ask the Lawyers / Re: oklahoma city zoo
« Last post by TexasLawShield on August 14, 2017, 01:24:16 PM »
egris52788,

The Oklahoma City Zoo is advertised as a zoological park located in the City of Oklahoma City. However, because the zoo is not a municipal park, owned and administered by the City of Oklahoma City, you can not legally enter the zoo premises while carrying a gun like you might enter any city park.

According to your question, the premises owner, of the zoo, placed signs barring entry to fire arms. There are consequences like fines and penalties in the amount of $250.00 plus court costs if you are caught with a firearm in your possession, at the zoo, and refuse to leave or make a fuss about entering after telling the zoo officials you insist upon entering the zoo with a gun.

I would not recommend attempting to enter the controlled entry area at the zoo with a gun; you are subject to a fine. The zoo is a controlled entry property.  The zoo is owned, operated and controlled by:

The Oklahoma City Zoological Trust. The trust, a public trust of the State of Oklahoma with the City of Oklahoma City as beneficiary, is the governing authority of the Oklahoma City Zoological Park.

Legal research, reveals: The Zoo is not owned or leased by the City of Oklahoma City. It is owned by a public trust. The public trust is a separate legal entity from the City of Oklahoma City.

TITLE 21 § 1290.22 BUSINESS OWNER’S RIGHTS
 A. Except as provided in subsections B, C and D of this section, nothing contained in any provision of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall be construed to limit, restrict or prohibit in any manner the existing rights of any person, property owner, tenant, employer, place of worship or business entity to control the possession of weapons on any property owned or controlled by the person or business entity.

E. The carrying of a concealed or unconcealed firearm by a person who has been issued a handgun license on property that has signs prohibiting the carrying of firearms shall not be deemed a criminal act but may subject the person to being denied entrance onto the property or removed from the property. If the person refuses to leave the property and a peace officer is summoned, the person may be issued a citation for an amount not to exceed Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00).

Based on my research, the Zoo is a property owned by a Public Trust for the benefit of Oklahoma City. Therefore, the public trust, the Zoo, may exclude the open or concealed carry of firearms, however, the penalty is a non criminal penalty of $250.00 citation which does not include court costs.

Ask the Lawyers / Re: What building laws are changed when facility is leased?
« Last post by mvaughn25 on August 13, 2017, 09:45:26 PM »
Thank you for the answer. I had wondered about that, since both the owner and lessee appeared to have the rights to determine (or inability to determine) carry rights in various situations.
Ask the Lawyers / Handguns in Hotels
« Last post by can0228 on August 13, 2017, 11:25:21 AM »
I live in PA and I'm going to visit Lancaster County Amish area and stay at a Bestwestern in Intercourse PA. I can't find any online about firearms in the hotel. I have a LTCF but i am not sure if I should call and ask or just carry. It is about 2 hour drive so I don't want to travel and not be able to carry.
Any advice would be helpful
Thanks
Ask the Lawyers / Re: Hollow points (JHP) for home defense in NJ?
« Last post by Al on August 13, 2017, 10:36:31 AM »
So it would be covered under the same exceptions for legal JHP use in NJ?
Hunting and range use.
Ask the Lawyers / Re: Sword Canes, switch blades and new Texas knife law
« Last post by Jaycee on August 11, 2017, 10:10:21 PM »
Thanks a lot.  Being disabled a switchblade and a sword cane really do matter to me.
Ask the Lawyers / Re: Hollow points (JHP) for home defense in NJ?
« Last post by TexasLawShield on August 11, 2017, 01:28:43 PM »
Al,

Under N.J.S. 2C:39-3 subsection g.2, a person may keep JHP ammunition "at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him." There is no prohibition on lawful use of JHPs in one’s home.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10